Lake Tahoe Winter Webcams | Road – Resort – Mountain Conditions
Winter weather in the Sierra Nevada is challenging to forecast and can be rapidly changing. Especially in the Lake Tahoe area where one side of the lake may receive significantly more or less snow and for many storms the difference between rain or snow may be a matter of a few degrees or a few hundred feet, combining the information from weather reports with realtime Tahoe winter webcams can save a lot of time.
Here is a compilation of webcam links that will allow anyone to view real time Tahoe conditions for local roads and highways, ski resort conditions, and even a nice way to view Lake Tahoe from the comfort of your residence.
Live Lake Tahoe Webcam | Current conditions on the shores of Lake Tahoe
OK, it may be winter and you may not have any plan to go for a polar bear swim in lake (Summer Resources HERE). However, a look at the shores of Lake Tahoe offer a view of incoming weather, wind, and maybe even just a view of the lake to start dreaming about your ski vacation.
The Webcam at Edgewood Resort on the Tahoe’s South Shore offers a great way to check out the lake conditions from the comfort of your home, vacation rental or even your room at the resort.
Mountain Webcams | Views from Lake Tahoe’s World Class Ski Resorts
Mt. Rose has one of the highest base elevations in Lake Tahoe at 8,260 feet offering not only some of the best snow, but also some amazing views as shown on the Mt Rose Ski Tahoe Webcam.
With some of the best Lake Tahoe views at Homewood it feels as if you may end up skiing into Lake Tahoe. Hiking, Skiing, and even getting hitched these cameras will let you know the current conditions.
While not in the Tahoe basin, have a look at the conditions for Mammoth Mountain. With a summit above 11,000 feet, there are plenty of days where the conditions are completely different than Tahoe and may be worth a road trip.
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows resorts offer some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the Lake Tahoe area. The resort conditions and webcam page will give you an idea of conditions as well as crowds to help plan your visit.
Diamond Peak resort is a family friendly ski resort in Incline Village, NV. Not only family friendly, but also a great storm mountain when everything else closes, Diamond Peak often can stay open.
Sugar Bowl resort is near Donner Summit so is a great vantage point for weather conditions near Donner Summit. Directly in line for storms heading East, the Sugar Bowl webcams give an advanced warning of weather coming to the basin.
Travel Webcams | Lake Tahoe Resource for Planning Safe Travel
California Department of Transportation – CalTrans operates highway traffic cameras throughout the state. When planning your trip to Lake Tahoe whether coming from Reno, San Francisco, Sacramento, Truckee or anywhere in California. Additionally during winter, you can even see how the traffic to your favorite ski resort is flowing and what the snow conditions are.
Nevada Department of Transportation operates cameras across Nevada and can be of great assistance in planning your trip to Tahoe from Reno – Tahoe International Airport – RNO, traveling Mt. Rose Highway NV SR431 or even heading across Nevada I-80 to get to Utah ski resorts, mountain biking destinations, parks or even all the way to Chicago.
Additional Tahoe Webcam Links | Travel Resources
Mountain Highways | Road Conditions
- California: Truckee | Tahoe North | Magnifeye Highway and Road Cameras
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) | Traffic Cameras
- OpenSnow I-80 Daily Report | I-80 Daily Snow
- Carnelian Bay, CA Patton Beach | Waterman’s Landing Webcam
- Tahoe City, CA Commons Beach | TahoeTopia Webcam – Commons Beach
- West Shore Cafe, Homewood, CA | West Shore Cafe Webcam
- Mount Rose Ski Resort | Mount Rose Resort – Nevada
- Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows | Squaw/Alpine – California
- Homewood Ski Resort |Mountain Webcams
- Heavenly Lake Tahoe | Heavenly Mountain Webcams
- Kirkwood Mountain | Kirkwood Webcam
Other Helpful Tahoe Winter Links
- Tahoe Report | Backcountry Ski Tahoe information and links
- Sierra Avalanche Center Avalanche Advisory: Lake Tahoe Area Avalanche Advisory & Avalanche Education Providers
- OpenSnow – National | OpenSnow Avalanche Forecast Page
- OpenSnow – Tahoe | OpenSnow – Resort Conditions and Area Forecasts for Skiers & Snowboarders
- California Sno-Park | Buy Permit Online